Using computers and similar devices to go online has made everyday business activities such as banking, paying bills, online accounting and keeping in touch fast and easy … anytime, anywhere and on any device.
There are, however, a number of risks associated with going digital with your business – some general and some specific to the respective business activities that you carry out.
There are a large number of quick and simple measures which you need to take in order to protect your business against these risks, which include identity theft, criminals stealing your personal and financial data to defraud you or empty your bank account.
The precautions are as simple as choosing safe passwords and ensuring you have adequate antivirus/antispyware installed, to learning how to distinguish between genuine and fraudulent websites and emails.
Here are 5 free resources to help educate both business and home users on how to say safe online.
- Get Safe Online: The UK’s leading awareness resource helping protect people, finances, devices and businesses from fraud.
- Take Five: Take Five offers straightforward advice to help everyone in the UK protect themselves against financial fraud.
- Cyber Streetwise: Cyber Streetwise is a cross government campaign designed to help you learn how to protect yourself online.
- FCA Warning List: Be ScamSmart: don’t be a victim of investment fraud. Check the FCA warning list for unsafe firms before investing.
- Hixon Group: Our team of specialists are on help to provide advice and guidance on how to keep you and your business safe online.
Take action today! book a free consultation with a member of our team.